The Mask of Makeup

Monday 24 February 2014

It is no secret that girls in this day and age feel as though they cannot bare it all and need to hide behind layers of makeup in order to feel beautiful and be noticed. It is sad that society has caused us women to fear baring it all and can't even nip out for petrol or to the shops without that last minute touch up of mascara, application of lip gloss and a quick check that each strand of our hair is perfectly in place.

Due to the media and the internet, I think that men tend to have unreal expectations of women and what they define as 'attractive'. NOT ALL MEN (before you all attack me) but I would say the majority of them. It is a rare find when you come across that one special guy that you can spend time with when your hair is scraped back, the face is naked, the legs are unshaven and you are in your favourite joggers and baggy top and feel utterly at peace. For me, I have found that guy. I am lucky that even when I have been at my worse, he still tells me I am beautiful and there is nothing that warms my heart more than knowing I feel relaxed around him no matter how I look or feel.

The point that I am trying to make in the post is that no matter how you feel, even when you have that odd day that you cannot be bothered styling your hair or putting on that faithful mask of makeup that there will be people out there who find you beautiful as you are. Au natural. Girls should never feel that they have to cover up to impress in order to 'get the guy' they want, as when they do, he will see you looking your roughest at some point girlies! Even if you do get up first thing in the morning to apply some lippy and fix the hair (you know like that first scene in Bridesmaids)!

Of course we all have our daily make up routines, but as I begin this beauty blog I want it to be known that you must feel beautiful without your makeup before you can feel beautiful in your makeup. After all..

"A smile is the most attractive thing a girl can wear"

x
  1. This is such a lovely blog post ,I think you're dead right and I'm really looking forward to seeing more from your blog
    Jenn xx
    jenniferakandu.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top